Morris County Planning Board, FRAC & Transportation Board Meeting Cancellation & Location Change
Please be advised of the following changes:
- Morris County Freight Rail Advisory Committee meeting previously noticed for January 13, 2015 is hereby cancelled.
- Morris County Board of Transportation meeting previously noticed for January 20, 2015 is hereby cancelled.
- Morris County Planning Board, the Rail Freight Advisory Committee, and Board of Transportation will hold a combined meeting on January 15, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Haggerty Education Center, Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Morristown.
New Construction Residential Sales – 2013 Summary Update
The Morris County Department of Planning and Public Works has prepared an update to its 2010 New Construction Residential Sales report based on the latest data for 2013. The report details sales of newly constructed for-sale residential units by price, type, size and location in Morris County. This updated analysis shows that sales of new units in Morris County rose by 34.8% from 2012 to 2013, marking the second consecutive annual increase in new home sales. The report also identifies new residential rental approvals, which have surged in recent years.
The report may be downloaded here.
Honoring Two WWII Veterans and Preserving Their Histories
For the history of two Morris County veterans, it took a California-Morris County-Dover- Morristown-Mine Hill-Indiana-Denville village to come together. As a result, two soldiers Killed in Action in World War II received Morris County Distinguished Service Medals November 14, 2014 and their personal histories have been restored. Learn more about Second Lt. William Minton Hummer and Private First Class Carroll William Allan “C.W.” Roleson.
New Census Bureau 2013 American Community Survey Data Released
The United States Census Bureau released its 2013 American Community Survey (ACS) 1-Year Estimates for geographic areas with a population of 65,000 or more. The 2013 ACS includes estimates for various topics including income, educational attainment, housing and transportation. Highlights include:
- Morris County has the second highest median household income of all counties in New Jersey ($100,176) and the 7th highest median household income in the nation.
- At $414,000, Morris County has the second highest median housing value among counties in New Jersey.
- Morris County ranked second of New Jersey counties for the percentage of its population over age 25 with a bachelor’s degree or higher; 51.7%.
Updates pertaining to these topics have been posted to the Data and Statistics page of this website.