County Agriculture Development Board
2015 Workshops and Conferences
The following workshops will be held in early 2015 - sign up today!
- Food Safety Workshops
- These include talks on food safety for direct marketers, writing recall plans, greenhouse production and more. Seven workshops in all will be held in February - March 2015.
- 2015 NJ Agricultural Convention and Trade Show
- This year's conference will be held at the Tropicana Casino and Resort in Atlantic City during the first weekend of February.
- Women In Agriculture Annual Conference
- This conference will be held on February 13 in Dover, Delaware, and is intended to offer women who are involved with agriculture the opportunity to come together to learn about current issues and topics so they can make informed decisions concerning their agribusinesses and family lives.
- Organic Farm Advisory
- Held by the Rutgers Extension, this workshop discusses the needs of organic growers and organic production research. It will be held on March 13 at the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Mercer County.
Morris Preserves its 124th and 125th Farms
The Morris County Agriculture Development Board on May 15th permanently preserved two farms in Chester Township owned by Ms. Betsy S. Michel.
- List of Preserved Farms
- Information about Preserved Farms
- Chart - Cumulative Preserved Acres
- Chart - Annual Preserved Acres
- Easement Values (All preserved farms in Morris County)
- List of Farms Pending Preservation
- Morris County Municipal Land Area and Farmland Acreage
- Morris County Municipal Land Area and Preserved Farmland
New Guidebook Explains the Basics of Farm Leases for New Jersey Farmland Owners and Farmers
The State Agriculture Development Committee (SADC) announces the publication of a new guidebook, Leasing Farmland in New Jersey, which includes information on getting started, suggestions on creating and maintaining a lease, sample leases, profiles of various leasing arrangements, and additional resources to assist with leasing issues. Download the guidebook.
Fertilizer and Feed Testing Program
The New Jersey Department of Agriculture provides field inspection, sampling and laboratory analysis of animal feed, fertilizers and liming material sold in New Jersey as well as seed certification and control to guard against mislabeled or substandard products in an effort to ensure the integrity of these products in the marketplace. Learn more.
New Handbook Promotes Agricultural Mediation for Farm-Related Disputes
The State Agriculture Development Committee (SADC) has published the New Jersey Agricultural Mediation Program Handbook to promote the use of mediation in resolving agriculture-related disputes. Get more information and download the handbook.
Promote Your Farm or Event on VisitNJ.org
The New Jersey Department of Agriculture has been in discussions with Grace Hanlon, Director of the state Division of Travel and Tourism, concerning gaining more exposure for our farms and agricultural events on the Division’s very popular and highly-used website www.visitnj.org.
About the Agriculture Development Board
The Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders created the Morris County Agriculture Development Board (CADB) in 1983. The board was formed to oversee the farmland preservation program. The program enabled the County to offer farm owners the opportunity to preserve their farms, while continuing to own and maintain them. Since its creation the CADB has had 27 volunteer members (see the History of Morris CADB Membership). Read the Board's Mission Statement.
The CADB is made up of seven voting members - four farmer and three public members. There are also seven non-voting members: three advisory members and four ex-officio members.